Chart: Maine Lake Charts (207-485-0330)
Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife: Maine Lake Survey Maps
Head north on the Maine Turnpike (I-95) until you reach exit 63, where you connect with U.S. Route 202/State Routes 4 & 115 westbound to North Windham, the main service town for most people who live and play on the lake. Just before you get to North Windham, State Route 115 branches off from 202/4 to the right and takes you through to the intersection with U.S. 302/State Route 35. To reach Sebago Lake State Park and launch ramp, go north about 9 miles on 302/35 until you see the somewhat diminutive directional sign on your right, marking the left-hand turn to the Park entrance. Follow the local road a mile or so to the prominent sign and entrance to the park access road. From Boston, the trip is about 130 miles or 2 1/2 hours; from Portland it’s 25 miles or 30 minutes.
Note: All motorized watercraft on inland waters must display a Maine lake and river protection sticker (“Preserve Maine Waters” sticker). The lake and river protection sticker is also referred to as a “milfoil” sticker. Click for more details.
- Richardson’s Boat Yard (207-892-4913): Full-service marina with gas dock and transient slips on Jordan Cove in North Windham.
- Kettle Cove Marina (207-655-4775): Full-service marina located in South Casco. Offers gas dock, boat rental, transient slips (to 30’), service, WiFi, water, power, showers.
- Sebago Lake Marina (207-787-2444;): East Sebago. Offers a launch ramp, boat rentals, slips and service.
- Point Sebago Resort (800-530-1555;): South Casco. Offers a basic marina with transient slips, ramp and boat rental.
- Long Beach Marina (207-787-3908): Gas dock, moorings, watersports rental, powerboat and PWC rental.
- Port Harbor Marine-Jordan Bay (207-655-3845): Water/electric, gas dock, pump-out, shower and restrooms, launch ramp, ice and supplies, chandlery, tackle shop, boat and kayak rental, storage.
- There are at least a dozen launch ramps on Sebago Lake, most of which charge a fee or are limited to the patrons of the marina that owns the ramp.
- Sebago Lake State Park (207-693-6231): Located at the northern end of the lake on the winding Songo River. No fee.
- For more information on access, check out Maine Lake Charts Inc. of Gardiner (207-485-0330). They publish an excellent—and essential—chart and boating guide for Sebago showing all of the lake’s ramps.
- Sebago Kayak Company (207-935-4763): Kayak and canoe rental.
- Sebago Lake Marina (207-787-2444): Small-boat, kayak and canoe rental.
- Point Sebago Resort (800-530-1555): Small-boat, kayak and canoe rental.
- Sebago Lake Cottages (207-787-3211): Powerboat, kayak and canoe rental.
- Long Beach Marina (207-787-3908): Powerboat and PWC rental.
- Port Harbor Marine-Jordan Bay (207-655-3845)
- Jordan’s Store (207-787-3866)
- Four Seasons Variety (207-787-3666)
- Gemmes General Store (207-787-3838)
- Windham Taxi (207-893-8294)
- Frye’s Leap General Store & Café (207-655-4256): Dock n’ dine on the northeast tip of Frye Island, next to the ferry landing. Lunch and dinner menu.
- Brays Pub & Brewery (207-693-6806): Naples. Decent pub food.
- Point Sebago Resort (800-530-1555): Offers a basic marina, a golf course, beaches, a lakeview restaurant, boat rentals and free children’s programs.
- Sebago Lake Lodge and Cottages (207-892-2698): Offers dockage and cottages.
- Beeches Lodge & Restaurant (207-787-3835)
- Sebago Lake State Park (207-693-6231): Camping at the northern end of the lake.
Sebago Lage Chamber of Commerce Video: