Chart: NOAA 13224
To reach East Barrington and the Warren River from lower Narragansett Bay, follow the East Passage entrance channel north to the R “10” bell then proceed northeast to buoy G “1”. Follow the channel approximately two miles north through the river. Striper Marina, Stanley’s Boat Yard and Barrington Yacht Club are located on Tyler Point, opposite the big, red American Tourister/Samsonite factory.
To reach Bullock Cove, follow the East Passage entrance channel to buoy R “18”, then head due north to buoy G “1”, which marks the channel leading into the cove.
- Brewer Cove Haven Marina (401-246-1600): Located on protected Bullock Cove, BCHM a full-service marina offering gas and diesel, haulout, storage, engine repair, a ship’s store, ice, restrooms, shower facilities, a pool and more. An average of 5 transient slips are available in season.
- Lavins (401-246-1180): Located on the east bank of Bullocks Cove, just north of the inlet, Lavins offers gas, ramp, ice, restrooms and showers. No transient slips or moorings.
- Bullock Cove Marine (401-433-3010): Located on the west bank of Bullocks Cove, BCM does not offer transient accommodations or fuel.
- Striper Marina (401-245-6121): Located on Tyler Point (Warren River), Striper has 100 slips, 34 moorings, gas, a launch ramp ($10 daily fee), ice and winter storage. Call for transient slip and mooring availability.
- Barrington Yacht Club (401-245-1181): Also on Tyler Point, BYC has a fuel dock with gas and diesel and reciprocity with affiliated clubs. Transient moorings may be available.
- Stanley’s Boat Yard (401-245-5090): Stanley’s maintains 124 slips on Tyler Point, just north of the Barrington Yacht Club. Limited transient accommodations, but worth a call.
There is good holding ground but little room for large vessels to anchor inside Bullock Cove, which has a mean low water depth of 3 to 6 feet in the lower basin; 1 to 3 feet in the upper basin. Barrington maintains 1 guest mooring in the cove. Call the harbormaster for availability.
The only designated anchorage in the Warren River is Smith Cove, on west of Allen Rock on the lower river. Barrington maintains a single guest mooring in the cove. Contact the harbormaster for information.
Free public ramps are located at Haines Memorial Park on Bullock Cove in Barrington and Colt State Park in Bristol. Both are concrete ramps with plenty of parking. Be aware that Colt ramp does not have a breakwater and is exposed to prevailing southwest and westerly winds, which can make for tricky launching and retrieving, especially in afternoon southwesterlies. Striper Marina on Tyler Point also has a ramp ($10/day) on the Warren River.
- Steve’s Boat Rentals (401-245-0453): Located at 294 Market St. in Warren, Steve’s rents 17-foot ($250/day weekend rate) and 19-foot ($350/day weekend) Triumph center consoles, as well as kayaks. Single kayaks rent for $31 per day, doubles are $51.
- Canoe Passage Outfitters (401-529-4878): Located at 251 Thames Street Landing in nearby Bristol, Canoe Passage rents and sells kayaks and kayak equipment. Also rents bicycles.
- Tyler Point Grille (401-247-0017), on Tyler Point, between Striper Marina and Barrington Yacht Club, serves contemporary Italian fare and seafood.
- Numerous restaurants catering to almost every taste and price range can be found on the Warren side of the river. (See “Focus on Warren” for more information)
- A small convenience store and a liquor store are located next to the American Tourister factory on the Warren River, on the east side of the Rte. 114 bridge.
- A weekly farmers market is held at Haines State Park on Bullocks Cove every Wednesday afternoon from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Haines Memorial Park offers picnic facilities, a launch ramp and a weekly farmers market.
- The town of Warren, on the east side of the Warren River, is the best place to find shops and galleries near the water. Warren’s many shops include Dish (eclectic clothing) at 155 Water St. (401-247-7705), and The Meeting House (antiques) at 47 Water St. (401-247-7043). Imagine (401-245-4200) at 114 Main St. carries fun gifts and clothing.
No information available.