Mercury Marine is introducing a summer promotion called Mercury Films, which runs from June 3 through September 30. The promotion will give Mercury customers an opportunity to upload their own on-the-water videos to a special mercfilms.com website and share them with fellow boaters online.
The promotion is also a contest in which boaters and Mercury partners are eligible to win cool prizes. Boaters who vote for their favorite videos will have a chance to win, too.
Here’s how the contest works:
- Capture a favorite experience on the water.
- Submit the video on MercFilms.com, a microsite designed specifically for the films festival.
- Use social networks such as Facebook and Twitter to encourage family and friends to visit MercFilms.com and show their support by voting for the video. Each vote the user gets from friends and family brings him or her closer to the prize pool that he or she is eligible for.
- The winning consumer submission prize includes an all-expense paid fishing trip for 2 with one of the Mercury Films judges, or the Mercury engine of their choice.
- The grand-prize winner will also be invited to the Mercury Films Festival awards ceremony in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Sweepstakes prizes available through voting include a fishing trip to Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula for the winner and a guest. Includes riverfront hotel accommodations, and 2 half-day guided fishing trips.
To submit a video or vote for one, or to find out more about the contest:
Please share your comments below.