The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) has again released its A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut, one of its most requested titles. The 354-page book contains full-page color depth maps of popular fishing water bodies, including 113 of Connecticut’s major public lakes and ponds and the Connecticut River mainstem and adjoining coves.
Anglers will find valuable information for improving their fishing success and finding new angling opportunities to explore. In addition, boaters, educators, lakeshore residents, lake associations, consultants, and anyone interested in the nature or ecology of freshwater lakes and ponds will find this to be a useful resource.
A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut is available from the DEEP Store in paperback only for $24.95, and can be purchased online, over the phone or in person.
Shop online by CLICKING HERE.
- Call: (860) 424-3555
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Easy to read format
- Depth-contour maps, maximum and minimum water depths, water clarity, thermal stratification, lake productivity, aquatic vegetation, and information on fish populations and their habitats.
- 20 pages of color plates illustrating the natural history of 25 fish common to Connecticut’s waters.
- Information on where to catch the biggest fish.
- Information on inflowing stream locations, neighboring roads, water surface area size, directions and launch ramp conditions.
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on BoatingLocal, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!