The 2011 Hyannis Tuna Fest presented by Castafari charters and hosted by Hyannis Marina and Trader Ed’s Restaurant will bring a world-class bluefin tuna sportfishing competition to Cape Cod this week starting on July 7-10.
The event is open to the public, catering to all boat owners and offshore fishing enthusiasts. The event will also be held in conjunction with One Mission, a public charity dedicated to enhancing the lives of pediatric cancer patients and their families.
Tuna Fest will comprise big-money Calcuttas, live entertainment, great food, a fun atmosphere, marine industry vendor displays, and some of the best big-game tuna fishing in the world.
Tuna Fest offers an exciting rules format that allows for many different fishing techniques. Please check the Schedule, Prizes, and Rules pages for more information.
Castafari will be working around the clock to align Tuna Fest with reputable industry sponsors who will be setting up booths, donating prizes, and contributing to the tournament captain’s bags provided to each registered vessel.
Exciting tournament atmosphere
- Quality served meals Thursday through Sunday
- Marine industry representatives and displays
- Live musical entertainment
- Raffled prizes, top quality trophies and awards
- Spacious tournament lighted tent
- Outdoor pool/tiki bar at Trader Ed’s
- Tournament marine biologists on hand
- Tournament results and images posted online in real time
Organized rules and regulations
- Publicly posted calcuttas
- Strictly enforced sportsmanship
- High stakes/big money competition
- Top notch marina service
- Onsite marine store
- Quality slip accommodations
- Tackle delivery service
- Top-quality Castafari frozen mackerel and ballyhoo
- Onsite fuel (gas or diesel)
- Hospitable tournament staff 24/7