Goose Hummock has posted its roundup of Cape Cod reports for 6.6.12.
Here are some highlights:
- Capt. Hap Farrell reports from Cape Cod Bay that fishing really picked up over Memorial Day weekend. The south edge of Billingsgate Shoal has heated up with fish close to 40”.
- The Brewster Flats are very active also, says Farrell. However, there are a lot of undersized stripers with a few legal fish mixed in.
- The umbrella rig is still the lure system of choice for the deeper waters, although jigging is starting to work well too.
- In Barnstable Harbor, the East Bar should start getting active, especially on the outgoing tide, Farrell predicts.
- The waters off Provincetown are fishing well, with vertical jigs and RonZ’s in the 8″ size taking fish were in the 20-pound range.
- Large macks have pushed up towards the area and are taking Zing rigs in silver and the multicolored models.
- Bluefin tuna have been spotted on the backside, off the Golf Ball in 90’.